"I think you have to have 30 Canadians on your film team to qualify as a Canadian film. I read up on that for a tax break. Ya, 30 Canadians. Are there even 30 Canadians that work in film?"
It's Canada Day weekend so we thought we'd look to our neighbo(u)rs from the south to find out "what makes a Canadian film, Canadian." Here are our top 10 favo(u)rite response! At least #1 tried. #4 clearly didn't understand the question.
10) Uh, like, aBoot! Ha! You gotta have someone saying aBoot!
9) Pretty cold. Not sure they are making too many movies up there unless you need snow.
8) Lot's of beaver!
7) Go Raptors!
6) Mounties n' shit. A mountie car chase! Make THAT movie.
5) Probably a lot of hockey movies.
4) We visit Ontario and the people are nice.
3) I think they made Titanic in Canada?
2) U-S-A! U-S-A!
1) I think you have to have 30 Canadians on your film team to qualify as a Canadian film. I read up on that for a tax credit. Ya, 30 Canadians. Are there even 30 Canadians that work in film?
Quiet On The Set! is a monthly blog post about happenings in the indie film world. Any resemblance to any persons living, or dead, or in limbo, or who identifies as being alive, or dead, or in limbo, is purely coincidental.
#QuietOnTheSet #HamFilmFest #IndieFilm #Comedy #HappyStuff
Photo credit: https://www.istockphoto.com/ca/portfolio/dorian2013?